Since it was founded in 2005, PEMA Holding has developed real estate projects with a total volume of more than 800 million euros in Austria, Germany and South Tyrol.

The company, with two locations in Innsbruck and Vienna, is wholly owned by the successful real estate entrepreneur Markus Schafferer and has made a name for itself, especially in the European region of Tyrol.

In 2014, PEMA opened its office in Vienna. The current project pipeline amounts to 950 million euros and 160,000 m2.

2005PEMA Holding established2007Outlet-Center Brenner2012P1 - Headline2014Opening of the Vienna Office2014PORR - Tower2018P22020Project RIGA-172020Haus am Schottentor2022P3 Tower

The company was founded in 2005 as the "Pema Group" by the then 27-year-old Mag. Markus Schafferer. PEMA Holding is now an important project developer on the Austrian real estate market and has already implemented numerous prestigious projects. Since it was founded, PEMA Holding has developed real estate with a total volume of more than 800 million euros in Austria, Germany and South Tyrol.

The company's success story continued in 2017 when the Koch family under Kika Leiner founder Dr. Herbert Koch and his wife Friederike Koch held more than 49% of the company. Mag. Markus Schafferer is still the managing majority owner of the company.

The company implemented the first major projects in Innsbruck. With Headline, the first high-rise in Innsbruck since the Olympic Games in 1976, PEMA Holding was able to complete its first major order: high-quality office and business premises were built on a total of 21,000 m2 of usable space, which, among other things, house the Innsbruck District Court, Moser Holding (Tiroler Tageszeitung) and the design hotel Adlers.

The company's next prestige project, PEMA 2, is in the immediate vicinity: a 50 meter high, multifunctional commercial and residential building on an area of ​​almost 19,000 m². The new city library of Innsbruck has moved into the base on more than 4000 m².

In South Tyrol, PEMA Holding was also a shareholder in the successful Brenner Outlet shopping center, right on the border between Austria and Italy. The company successfully participated in the foundation. The shares were sold in 2018.

In 2014, Pema Holding opened its office in Vienna and immediately became active in the capital for the first time: With the purchase of the 80-metre-high PORR Tower, the company was able to prove itself on the Vienna real estate market for the first time. Both customer and buyer were satisfied with a sale-and-rent-back variant and a complete refurbishment of the tower. In 2018 there was a change in the majority owner shares. A larger Korean investor now holds around 76 percent of the shares. The remaining 24 percent are still owned by PEMA Holding.

The most recent order from PEMA Holding in Vienna is the house at the Schottentor. For the prestigious project on Vienna's Ringstrasse at Schottengasse 6-8, the former CA/BA headquarters, the real estate company was commissioned by the owner - the Koch family foundations - with the project development. The coworking provider "Spaces" will move into 9,000m2. SPAR opens a supermarket on the ground floor and also enables the residents to have an extensive range of restaurants. In the basement, the former Tresor premises are being converted into a fully equipped fitness center from the McFit chain. The revitalization was specially designed to do justice to the venerable building.